The problem of inequality, in which the returns increasingly go to the best educated and most privileged is real and growing. Ackerman and Alstott argue their highly philosophical and statistics-laden case in a readable, straightforward manner. The global economy threatens to leave behind legions of technologically unskilled Americans. Ackerman and Alstott have placed on the public agenda a coherent brave-new-world proposal that includes all.
Let the debate begin.
Stakeholder theory, society and social cohesion
Sjoerdsma, Philadelphia Inquirer. Elegantly presented, brilliantly argued. A watershed in the tax policy field. Both authors are distinguished legal scholars who bring a fresh perspective to the challenge of creating more opportunity in our society. Skip to main content. Description Reviews Awards. A quarter century of trickle-down economics has failed. Economic inequality in the United States has dramatically increased. Many, alas, seem resigned to this growing chasm between rich and poor. Ackerman and Alstott argue that every American citizen has the right to share in the wealth accumulated by preceding generations.
- Macmillan Dictionary of Retailing?
- CFO Insights: Enabling High Performance Through Leading Practices for Finance ERP?
- Language and Image in the Reading-Writing Classroom: Teaching Vision.
- @heaven: The Online Death of a Cybernetic Futurist.
- Martin Luther The Preservation of the Church Vol 3 1532-1546: The Preservation of the Church, 1532-46.
- The Spiritual Self: Reflections on Recovery and God.
The distribution of wealth is currently so skewed that the stakeholding fund could be financed by an annual tax of two percent on the property owned by the richest forty percent of Americans. Ackerman and Alstott analyze their initiative from moral, political, economic, legal, and human perspectives. By summoning the political will to initiate stakeholding, they argue, we can achieve a society that is more democratic, productive, and free.
It is, in short, an idea that should be taken seriously by anyone concerned with citizenship, welfare dependency, or social justice in America today. Anne Alstott is professor of law at Yale Law School. Also of Interest More from this Author.
Frequently bought together
Jaroslav Pelikan. Why Prejudice Persists. Stephen Eric Bronner. Edited and with an Introduction by Jeffrey C. Raymond E. Brown, S. Ackerman and Alstott argue that every U.
- Composites in Infrastructure - Building New Markets.
- Regression Modeling with Actuarial and Financial Applications (International Series on Actuarial Science).
- Classic Ghost Stories.
- Item is in your Cart!
- Join Kobo & start eReading today.
- Article excerpt.
- The stakeholder society / Bruce Ackerman, Anne Alstott | National Library of Australia.
The distribution of wealth is currently so skewed that the stakeholding fund could be financed by an annual tax of 2 percent on the property owned by the richest 40 percent of Americans. By summoning the political will to initiate stakeholding, they argue, we can achieve a society that is more democratic, productive, and free. Request this item to view in the Library's reading rooms using your library card.
To learn more about how to request items watch this short online video. You can view this on the NLA website. Login Register. Advanced search Search history.https://recontlessdopp.tk
The Stakeholder Society
Browse titles authors subjects uniform titles series callnumbers dewey numbers starting from optional. See what's been added to the collection in the current 1 2 3 4 5 6 weeks months years. Your reader barcode: Your last name:. Cite this Email this Add to favourites Print this page. You must be logged in to Tag Records. In the Library Request this item to view in the Library's reading rooms using your library card.
What does stakeholder society mean?
Details Collect From YY Order a copy Copyright or permission restrictions may apply. We will contact you if necessary. To learn more about Copies Direct watch this short online video. Need help? How do I find a book? Can I borrow this item?
- Nautical Illustrations: 681 Royalty-Free Illustrations from Nineteenth-Century Sources (Dover Pictorial Archive)?
- Essay on The Stakeholder Society: A Rawlsian Interpretation.
- Stakeholder-society dictionary definition | stakeholder-society defined!
Can I get a copy? Can I view this online? Ask a librarian.
Related The Stakeholder Society
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved