- Body Language For Dummies (2nd Edition).
- Contact Ken Frieden.
- The Red Thread.
- Byzantine Imperial Guardsmen 925-1025: The Tághmata and Imperial Guard (Elite, Volume 187).
- The Oxford companion to the English language.
- Quality of Life Assessment: International Perspectives: Proceedings of the Joint-Meeting Organized by the World Health Organization and the Fondation IPSEN in Paris, July 2 – 3, 1993!
Format Paperback. Condition Brand New. The first book of its kind and essential for any future discussion of modernism and its embattled boundaries.
On the Margins of Modernism
It illuminates interrelationships between historical studies and theory in any humanist discipline. It seriously engages and recontextualizes all the scholarship that came before, and by so doing sets it on a new course: applying a rigorous definition of modernism yet insistent upon methodological diversity; deeply grounded in Hebrew culture yet unabashedly diaspora-centered.
This is not a book that readers will take lightly. Chana Kronfeld counters these dominant models of marginality by looking instead at modernist poetry written in two decentered languages, Hebrew and Yiddish.
Shop with confidence
What results is a bold new model of literary dynamics, one less tied to canonical norms, less limited geographically, and less in danger of universalizing the experience of minority writers. Julian Levinson, who has written extensively about Halpern's work see below. Levinson also assembled the following selected bibliography.
Please email Mapping Jewish Los Angeles at cjs humnet. In Nyu York. Di goldene pave.
- The Blackwell Handbook of Mediation: Bridging Theory, Research, and Practice (Blackwell Handbooks in Management)?
- On the Margins of Modernism: Decentering Literary Dynamics.
- Crossed Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery).
- Ditt søk på "margin" ga 6036 treff.;
- Chana Kronfeld!
- Storming Caesars Palace: How Black Mothers Fought Their Own War on Poverty.
- Supposing Bleak House!
- Social sensitivity : a study of habit and experience.
Moyshe-Leyb Halpern. Volumes 1 , 2 , In New York. Edited and Translated by Kathryn Hellerstein.
Benjamin and Barbara Harshav. Berkeley: University of California Press, Penn State University Press, Chana Kronfeld.
Julian Levinson. Your points will be added to your account once your order is shipped.
Click on the cover image above to read some pages of this book! Modernism valorizes the marginal, the exile, the "other"--yet we tend to use writing from the most commonly read European languages English, French, German as examples of this marginality. Chana Kronfeld counters these dominant models of marginality by looking instead at modernist poetry written in two decentered languages, Hebrew and Yiddish.
What results is a bold new model of literary dynamics, one less tied to canonical norms, less limited geographically, and less in danger of universalizing the experience of minority writers. Kronfeld examines the interpenetrations of modernist groupings through examples of Hebrew and Yiddish poetry in Europe, the U.
Her discussions of Amichai, Fogel, Raab, Halpern, Markish, Hofshteyn, and Sutskever will be welcomed by students of modernism in general and Hebrew and Yiddish literatures in particular.watch
Kronfeld, Chana [WorldCat Identities]
Help Centre. Track My Order. My Wishlist Sign In Join. Be the first to write a review. Add to Wishlist.
Related On the Margins of Modernism: Decentering Literary Dynamics
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved